Elixir Sydney 4th Birthday
Level 3, 14 Martin Place Sydney 2000
Happy 4th Birthday Elixir Sydney!
We've got 2 great talks and an Exercism lightning talk.
- Improving Performance with Elixir Tasks - Jeff Chan
- Generating Elixir Code from XML for Fun and Profit - Robin Hilliard
- Exercism: Isogram - Ruth Wang
Ruth will be covering our second Exercism exercise "Isogram" and showing us how she implemented her solution.
Jeff will cover how you might use Elixir Tasks to improve your parallelism without building Gen Servers.
Robin is going to talk about processing XML in Elixir:
- How you can use Erlang’s xmerl library to work with XML from Elixir
- How to write Elixir source from Elixir, including dealing with escaping stuff using sigils
- How to use the Code module to test code that you generate during your tests
- Some examples of recursion and reducing that I didn’t expect to turn out half as elegant as they did
Beginners are more than welcome, and this a great chance to get started and get help from more experienced Elixir developers.
Thanks to Expert360 for hosting us and providing drinks, thanks Alembic for providing the food.
See you there,
Josh, James, and Paul
Exercism: Isogram in Elixir
Improving Elixir Performance with Tasks
Generating Elixir Code from XML for Fun and Profit
Submit a talk proposal! 🔊
Send submissions to email@example.com